Saw Mill and Falls [#103]  - Click for previous

The Decew Falls is a small historical site located above the Niagara Escarpment on the very southern tip of St. Catharines. The 72 foot high falls draws water from the Beaverdams Creek and was first used in 1872 by a grist mill that powered a blacksmith and carpentry shop. The interior of the mill was destroyed by a fire around 1892 and was quickly rebuilt. After 38 years of operation, the mill was decommissioned (in 1933). The entire location encompassing the Morningstar mill, the main house, the blacksmith shop and the saw mill (shown in photo) is now serving as a museum.

Camera: Nikon D50
Lens: Nikkor 50mm F16/1.4
Exposure: 1/160sec at F3.2
ISO: 200